As 2018 comes to a close, we want to remind you of a few helpful tips and resources to make sure your year-end giving goes smoothly. We’ve included a range of charitable giving ideas for those who have existing funds at the Community Foundation of Abilene and for those who do not have funds.
Donate Gifts to Your Fund
Charitable stock donation
- Must be received in the appropriate brokerage account and posted by December 31, 2018. Delivery period can vary; please consult with your advisor to plan accordingly. Please contact us for account information and transfer instructions. Don’t forget to notify Patrick Lewis or call 325-676-3883.
Charitable donation via check
- Must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2018.
- Instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution to be delivered on or before December 31, 2018. Contact us for wire instructions.
Credit Card Donation
- Use this online donation form or call us before December 31, 2018.
Review ways to give to your fund. If you need assistance, email Katie Alford or Courtney Vletas or call us 325-676-3883.
Other Year-End Giving Ideas
Create your own fund
- We offer a variety of fund types to meet your charitable giving goals. Whether there is a specific cause you care about or you want your fund to support a range of causes over the years, we’re happy to guide you through the process. Learn about our fund types here.
Become a Friend of the Community Foundation
- For as little as $200 a year, you can become a Friend of the Community Foundation of Abilene. Your membership supports CFA operations and allow us to host a number of educational opportunities for our community. Learn more here.
Become a Future Fund member
- Future Fund is a great way to invest in the lives of children and meet other charitable-minded people in our community. Membership starts at just $250 per year for an individual or couple. These dues are pooled into the Future Fund endowment fund, and grants are made each year to local nonprofits serving children and youth. Learn more at cfabilene.org/futurefund.
Make a gift to an existing fund
- You can make a donation of any amount to a number of existing CFA funds. Our donors have funds supporting the arts, animals, education, emerging community needs and more. To make an online gift, just select a fund here.
Give to the Spread Holiday Cheer giving guide
- Our Spread Holiday Cheer gift giving guide features wish lists from 25 vetted, local nonprofit organizations. You can review the guide, find projects that are meaningful to you, and make a holiday gift to help those who serve our community. See the wish lists here.
Support a local nonprofit organization that matters to you
- If you prefer to make a gift directly to a nonprofit organization, we are happy to help you identify an organization serving the causes you care about. Just contact CFA staff if you’d like help choosing a nonprofit to support this holiday season.
Tax Changes and Year-End Giving
Recent tax law changes require every taxpayer to revisit their personal finances, especially their charitable giving strategy, to determine if their current approach to tax planning still provides the same benefit as years past.
Financial advisors and nonprofits have been working to educate donors on the most efficient ways to give. If you still have questions, we encourage you to contact your advisor to ensure you have the best plan in place to meet your charitable goals.
If you have any questions at all about charitable giving options, we would love to chat. Contact us today at email@example.com or 325-676-3883.